Friday, November 14, 2008

Fun things kids do


Rook finally has his big boy bed. He doesn't get
out of it until I come and get him. When I put him
in bed he says, "no get out bed, go Time out. No tools
right now, no basketball right now". I say...good job.
He sleeps in it like a crib, every which way. Good
thing there are guard rails.

Alexa loves to play in her exersaucer. Thanks Alisyn
and Ty for the loan. A good chunk of her awake time is
in this thing. She grabs everything and tries to put it
in her mouth.

So we have a no screaming inside rule at our house.
You can scream outside all you want...so when Rook
and his friend Isaac were screaming inside right before
bed time, I said, "Do you want to sleep outside? If you keep
screaming you're going to have to sleep outside". He
ran upstairs and brought down his pillow, blanket, and
dog, snuggles (Joe named it) and laid down on the cement.
He even shut the door. I laughed so hard.

Alexa really needed her own room for a while and
she outgrew the bassinet. I really didn't want her in
our room anymore so I started putting her in the
pack n play in the laundry room and it worked out
great. So when Rook got his big boy bed, we just
moved the crib in there and she has her own little
room. I can even do laundry and she sleeps right
through it. She started sleeping all night as soon
as I started putting her in there too...

Well I didn't think anyone could drool as much as
Rook did...but I was sooooo wrong. Alexa is every bit
a drooler as Rook ever was. Her poor clothes are
destined to stink. She is still the sweetest baby girl
ever.

Rook said his first prayer the other day all by himself.
He said Hemly Fodder, Thank you garbage can and trucks.
Please help daddy school, come home play tennis Rook.
Jesus Amen.

Lauryn is getting married in 2 weeks. I'm so excited for her.
I get to make her wedding cake. Any suggestions on Frosting
that I can make really smooth, without using Fondant?

6 comments:

The Poulsen Family said...

Your kids are getting so big and getting cuter by the day. We didn't change Sally is our nickname (and middle name) for our fun lovin' girl. We thought that we'd try out nicknames on our blog for a bit. We'll see how it works. I hope it's starting to cool down in Vegas or Rook will get hot sleeping outside :)

Unknown said...

Good idea with the crib, we don't have a room for Zoe either, too bad our laundry room is below zero!

Becky said...

Rook sounds like quite the character. I can't believe he stays in his bed!!! You are so lucky. I couldn't ever get my kids to stay in their bed (still can't), and they spent a lot of their time the first months falling asleep on the floor. Isaac used to say really good prayers, and now he has reverted to a 3-line repetitive prayer. He won't say anything else. It drives us nuts. As for the drool--I must admit I've never seen kids who drool as much as yours.:) Thank goodness for bibs and changes of clothes!

Tiffany said...

Yay for cute kids! I love that you posts lots of pictures for me to see. :) As for the smooth icing ideas... I had a friend that is a Home Ec teacher & she was making fondant one time that was made out of mostly marshmallows. I'm not a fan of fondant myself, but this stuff was really good. It was like topping your cake with marshmallow goodness! I don't have the recipe, but it might be worth looking into.

mattieweatherly said...

I can't believe how big alexis is. She looks like such a sweet good natured baby. I can't wait to see her what are your christmas plans.

Eryn said...

Rook's sleeping outside made me laugh too. I can't believe Alexa sleeps through you doing laundry. If we open Mary's door at all she wakes up.