Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Rook


So why did I put the cake on the floor? Well it seemed like
a good idea at the time. The presents were there, everyone
was sitting on the couches...Joe jokingly said, now Rook,
go and step in the cake...and he did.

Joe's brother Johnnie helping me clean him up while
Joe took as many pictures as he could. We all laughed so hard.


So Rook got this great basketball hoop from Kid to Kid
and my parents gave him this ball. We let him play inside
for a bit...and then moved it outside to our huge yard...
He says, "play side (outside) mommy, beecaball poop".
I just haven't wanted to work with him to learn hoop. It's
too cute.

John and Mattie gave Rook the huge Mr. Potato head.
(It must be an Idaho thing...) Rook asked me to help him
build a mom, dad, Lex, and Rook. So I put all the eyes in a pile
and all the noses, etc. He built me with all eyes...he was so proud
of it. He made a complete family and explained them all to me.

Here's super Rook in his new jammies from
Grandma Weatherly. It has a "Dump it Truck" on them
and he wants to wear them every night...luckily sometimes
they're in the washer.

So his birthday is today, even though we had a little party when everyone was here for Alexa's blessing. We wanted him to feel special too. We sang to him again today and he had alot of fun practicing holding up 2 fingers and saying 2 to anyone who would listen.
We can't believe our baby is 2. And we have another baby. We're old.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Oh man...kids certainly age you, don't they?!? Mark and I feel like we age at a rapid pace having kids. And yes, now I am really 38 years old! :) HA.

Anna said...

And Happy Birthday Rook!

Nate and Eryn said...

Happy Birthday Rook!!! We had fun visiting with you guys!

Sarah said...

Happy belated birthday, Rook!! What a big boy!!

Tiffany said...

I can't believe he is getting so old! You guys look like you are having tons of fun.