Thursday, July 10, 2008

We're getting closer


So here I am a few weeks before delivery.
I'll be induced on the 21st if she doesn't come before.
Since I live down here away from family...I'm
putting this on here...Don't make me regret it!

Rook loves to give kisses. He puckers his lips up
really well. After every prayer he has to kiss us both.
It's so cute. At night, he kisses me good night and
then blows kisses until I shut the door.

Rook is our little fish this year. He's not quite 2,
but fearless. I'm okay as long as he has his
floaties on. He swims as fast as I do...which makes it
hard to catch him.

We're enjoying these last few weeks of a 1 child family.
Joe starts school again in 3 weeks so we're trying to do
some fun things before the misery starts...new baby and
school. Like...we go swimming...and what else? Oh yeah,
we're totally broke, so we watch lots of movies that are
really, really old.

Rook is talking up a storm. He tries to say everything now
and that gives us some good laughs. It really bugs Joe when
he's feeding Rook and Rook says, "all done, Mom" and I'm
not even home. He's been getting really good at colors too. So
instead of shovel, now it's yellow shovel. And he has to repeat
everything until you acknowledge that you hear him. He'll say
Mom Elbow 10 times, getting louder and louder until I say,
Yep, that's mommy's elbow. Then he does Cheek or truck or
bike...it's so fun to be home all day with such a smart boy...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, you still look great, even 9 months pregnant. Rook is so cute, he looks older, just from 2 months ago. Enjoy your last few days as a mother of one! Are you worry about being induced?

The Beckstrands said...

You look good pregnant, I missed seeing you when you were pregnant with rock. Good luck with two, it is so much fun. I'd like to see you bike and workout hard now. Miss those LDS days. COngrats on a girl and Good luck.

Kandis Mortensen said...

I'm so glad you posted your cute belly (and your daughter will be so glad when she's older and she gets to see what you looked like while she was still in your tummy!) Good luck with everything this month! (Random tid-bit: Go get "The Letter Factory" DVD(its by Leapfrog). I bought a used one at F.Y.E. for $8 and Carter has learned all the letters and the sounds they make (I let him watch it when I'm zombied out from no sleep and need a nap--and I don't feel as guilty!)). Being a mother of two is great! You're gonna love how much easier it is the second time around:) And good luck with school Joe!

Nate and Eryn said...

You look great! Who you gonna call? When you have the baby. SO I know how I"ll find out. I remember that age with Grant. He still likes me to acknowledge things he says and repeats them til I do. That's cute about the kisses, Grant just barely smacks his lips when he kisses. Look at my blog because Grant is potty trained and Mary is walking!

Anna said...

You are looking fantastic!!! We are living in the pool this summer as well. Ethan is a fish and I'm a whale! HA! I need to take a picture of my tummy...I haven't really done that this pregnancy. It's funny how you do things so different the 2nd time around. I'm so unprepared for this little girl to come. I guess I better start getting serious that we are down to the wire here. Can't wait to see pics of your baby when she comes and find out what her name is.