Monday, July 28, 2008

Alexa Bree


Breech babies have a hard time straightening out
after birth.


Here she is after Joe gave her a bath.
I didn't get to see her or hold her for about 3 hours.

On the way home from the hospital.
Rook calls her baby Alecka.

Luckily Joe's parents were here and were able to take care of Rook.
He had so much fun working in the backyard with Grandpa.

She was 8 pounds even and they measured her at 19 inches, but since she was breech (Bree) they couldn't stretch her very well. Today at the Dr she was 20 and 1/2 inches long. I don't think she grew an inch and a half in a week.

The C-section was tolerable. The Dr forgot to tell me not to eat for 8 hours...so we had to wait until 830pm. Unfortunately, I went into labor anyway and my contractions we're about 3 minutes apart, but they couldn't give me anything. My body goes into shock when I'm in labor so I had the whole shaking and teeth chattering going on until the anesthesiologist came and drugged me up. I found out later there was a semi-emergency C-section that took my spot and I ran into her in the hallway a few days later. She told me if it weren't for someone who ate an apple after they were supposed to, she would have had 3 more hours of total pain...I told her how much I love me some apples. We bonded.

Now that it's over, I'm slowly healing. My incision seems to be too swollen and a little red so I'm on antibiotics for infection there. Pretty much I couldn't move without help for 4-5 days. Now, a week later, I feel alot better.

Alexa is a great nurser and sleeps very well. She doesn't cry and just sort of squeeks when she wants to eat. So different from the Rookasaurus.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea! I'm so glad everything is okay, I've been checking your blog daily waiting for some pictures. Way to eat an apple and help someone out, you're such a giver! (even if you didn't maybe know it at the time) Cute family picture, you look great for only having a 1 week old. Congratulations! You are so cute and fun!

Shelby said...

congrats Maridyn! So glad everything went well. love "bree" - such a cute name & you will never forget she was breech. thanks for sharing the pics - so precious!

Anna said...

OH yeah! Congratulations! I've been dying to hear how it all went and see pictures of her and find out her name. She is darling and sweet all the way around. A beautiful baby with a beautiful name and a beautiful Mom! Way to go!

The Gardners said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is beautiful! You two make some beautiful children! I'm glad everything went well and that things worked out for you and the lady that got to have your spot...too bad the apple didn't make it. HA!

Keep us all updated on how she's growing!

Kacey

Brandy J. said...

Bree is an absolute doll (love the name)! We're glad to hear that everything went well and now you have a beautiful (ever growing) family to show for it all.

Kandis Mortensen said...

Welcome little Alexa! Mar, I hope you're healing quickly! She's so beautiful! I'll pray that she continues on the 'angel baby' route...

The Beckstrands said...

WOw!!! all that hair, girl she is beautiful. Have fun with two, hope you get feeling better.

The Poulsen Family said...

What a cute girl and I love her hair. I was in Vegas this past weekend with my family for a baby blessing and I kept wondering about you and your family. I'm glad that everything worked out for the best. Isn't that just the pits sitting around in the recovery room waiting to see and hold your new baby but just can't? It was very lonely for me. Just a warning that you're scar will probably tingle forever :) 4 1/2 years later and it will still sting every once in a while.
Keep us posted with your family!

rachael said...

Congrats!! She is a very beautiful baby! Hope all is well!

Angie said...

Hey Mar! Congrats! Alexa Bree is such a cute name! Glad to hear things are going well & hopefully you are healing up just fine. Good work!

Nate and Eryn said...

I'm so glad she is a good baby for you. Congratulations! She is beautiful. I like the picture where she can't straighten out. I can't wait to meet her in a month!